Conservation Week Essentials
Conservation Week volunteers must be 18 or over. You must be fit enough to undertake the practical work, including being able to walk over uneven ground, on a daily basis.
Sorry, but we cannot allow dogs on Conservation Weeks.
The pick-up point is the central concourse of Inverness railway station at 12 noon on the Saturday (start date of your week). You'll need to make your own travel arrangements to get there, which may mean travelling to Inverness on the Friday and organising your own accommodation for that night. The Conservation Weeks take place some distance from Inverness, so it's not possible to return and pick volunteers up later. Similarly, it isn't possible to drive back to Inverness before the final Saturday. Please commit to the whole week. For accommodation and local travel information check the volunteer website www.tflvolunteer.org or contact Inverness tourist office (01463 234353). The Bazpackers Hostel (01463 717663) in Inverness gives a 10% discount to TFL volunteers. We return to Inverness railway station midmorning on the following Saturday.
If you are running late on the morning of your Conservation Week call us on 0845 6027386 / 01309 691444 before 9.30 a.m. or 07765 060525 after 9.45 a.m.
Remember; as there are only ten places available on each week it is very important that we are notified of any cancellation or change in your booking, as we may be able to fill your place.
What to bring with you
- Warm sleeping bag (necessary if bedding is not provided, check accommodation details before packing)
- Wellies and / or walking boots
- Two sets of warm working clothes - not jeans! (cold, wet weather is a possibilty)
- Warm hat and sun hat
- Rain gear (including waterproof trousers + jacket)
- A warm change of clothes for evenings
- Midge repellent, especially during May, June and September *
- Day pack (small rucksack)
- Vacuum flask
- Sandwich box for packed lunches
- Container for drinking water
- Gaiters *
- Towel, soap, toothbrush etc
- Hot water bottle *
- A camera *
- Extra snacks, such as chocolate, crisps, fruit bars etc *
* These items are optional
If you have any medical conditions, specific dietary requirements, mental health issues or are taking medication we need to know. Details are held in the strictest confidence. Please fill out the relevant section on the booking form. The vast majority of people can be accommodated, but we need to be made aware beforehand.
Though every effort is made to describe the details of each week accurately in these pages, it is occasionally necessary for TFL to make changes at short notice to the work and accommodation.
Last updated: Thursday, 04-Apr-2013 17:55:22 CEST