How you can help
Volunteer on one of our popular Conservation Weeks. Make some new friends, experience the beauty of the Scottish Highlands and make a personal contribution to restoring the Caledonian Forest. Accommodation is fully inclusive from only £95/week.
Dedicate a Tree
Give the unique gift of a dedicated tree planted in the Scottish Highlands. For £15 the recipient will receive a personalised certificate, a window sticker and, if you dedicate two or more trees, a Guide to Caledonian Forest species. Certificates available in General, Celebrate, Baby, In Memory and Christmas.
Start a Grove
Celebrate a special person or event by planting a grove of eight or more trees for £50. Your grove includes a personal page on our website where your friends and family can add trees and messages.
Sponsor an Acre
Help us to restore Dundreggan for wildlife by giving the unique gift of sponsoring an acre. Choose the acre on our webpage and mark it with the recipient's name. They will also receive a certificate and a beautiful photographic print.
Friends of Dundreggan
Dundreggan is a 10,000 acre expanse of wild land in Glen Moriston, near Loch Ness. Help us to restore it to its former glory and create an unbroken native woodland link between Glen Moriston and Glen Affric by becoming a Friend of Dundreggan for £1,000.
Leave a Legacy
Leaving a legacy to Trees for Life by remembering us in your will is a lasting way to help restore the ancient Caledonian Forest and ensure that it is protected for generations to come.
Promote in your area
There are many small ways in which you can help to promote our work. Put up a poster in your local area, put some leaflets in a nearby shop or centre or give a talk to friends or colleagues. Please email email@example.com for leaflets and a ready-made presentation.
Don't forget to keep in touch by joining us on social networks and receiving our monthly e-newsletter, Tree News!
25 ways to support
Trees for Life
Fundraising can be great fun and your support will be greatly appreciated, however much you raise or donate. All of the money will be used to support Trees for Life’s work to restore the Caledonian Forest and its unique wildlife to the Scottish Highlands.
Help us celebrate our 25th anniversary!
- Donate £25 towards Trees for Life’s forest restoration work at treesforlife.org.uk/donate
- Invite 25 people to our 25th anniversary Dundreggan Open Day on the 25th May in Glen Moriston, near Loch Ness. For more details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask 25 people to join Trees for Life. You can give them a leaflet or send an online link treesforlife.org.uk/membership. Please request your leaflets by emailing email@example.com
- Grow a Grove – create your own grove webpage on our website and and invite 25 friends, family and colleagues to plant a tree in your grove for £5. For more details, please visit treesforlife.org.uk/groves
- Bake 25 cakes and sell them at work or to social group you attend.
- Give a talk about Trees for Life to 25 friends or colleagues. You can either share your own volunteering experiences and photos, or request our powerpoint presentation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask 25 people to plant trees. You can give them a leaflet or send an online link treesforlife.org.uk/plantatree. Please request your leaflets by emailing email@example.com
- Invite 25 people to a coffee morning – or a party – and request a donation on the door.
- Challenge yourself to walk, run, cycle or swim 25km (or 25 miles for the extra sporty!). Setting up a page on Just Giving is an easy way to ask for sponsorship.
- Teacher or student? Why not organise a 25 minute sponsored silence.
- Ask your employer to set up a Corporate Grove for 25 trees as an effective way to demonstrate their green credentials. For more details, please visit treesforlife.org.uk/companies
- Getting married? For a wedding list with a difference, you could set up a wedding grove and invite your guests to donate £25 for tree planting. For more details, please visit treesforlife.org.uk/groves
- Raise money by doing something unusual or giving something up – give up chocolate or dye your hair green – and ask 25 people to sponsor you.
- Sign up for a sponsored event in your local area – and invite 25 people to sponsor you.
- Sell 25 unwanted items on ebay and donate the proceeds to Trees for Life.
- Expecting a new family member? Set up a baby grove on our website and invite friends and family to plant 25 trees in the grove to celebrate new life. For more details, please visit treesforlife.org.uk/groves
- Collect 25 items for recycling through Rethink Recycling Appeal and nominate the proceeds to Trees for Life at rethinkeurope.co.uk/Recycling-Appeals
- Buy 25 gifts from Trees for Life and use them as meaningful presents for family and friends throughout 2014. Select from tree certificates, sponsor an acre and plant a tree gift cards, with a further selection in our shop starting from just £1.
- Write an eco quiz with 25 questions to challenge your friends and networks, and charge them a fee to enter.
- Celebrate the life of a loved one by setting up a memorial grove and invite 25 friends and family to plant trees in their memory. For more details, please visit treesforlife.org.uk/groves
- Organise a bag packing day at your local supermarket and invite 25 people to help you.
- Take a packed lunch for 25 days and donate the money you save to Trees for Life.
- Make, paint or design 25 items, or grow 25 pot plants from seed, and sell to friends and work colleagues.
- Collect your loose change in a jar and see how much you can raise in 2014 – easily £25!