Conservation Week Dates & Booking 2014
** SPECIAL OFFER **
To celebrate our 25th anniversary, we are giving 25% off the cost of selected Conservation Weeks!
Dates & Booking
If you would like to volunteer on a Conservation Week please:
- Read the booking notes below,
- Select the week(s) you would like to attend by checking the box to the right of that week,
- Select your payment rate by selecting an option at the foot of the table of Conservation Weeks,
- Click the "Next" button to proceed with your application on our secure server. Alternatively, if you prefer to pay by cheque (in Pounds Sterling), please post payment and Conservation Week details to: Trees for Life, Conservation Weeks, The Park, Findhorn Bay, Forres, Moray IV36 3TZ, Scotland.
Full payment must accompany your booking. We will send you a confirmation letter or email.
Please await confirmation of your Conservation Week place before making travel or holiday arrangements.
For all enquiries call 01309 691444 (local) or 0845 6027386 (national) or email email@example.com.
We welcome exclusive bookings for our Conservation Weeks by groups of up to ten people. Please see our Group Bookings webpage and contact Kirsty on 0845 458 3505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org discuss the options for these.
We have a small number of drop-in weeks at our tree nursery at Dundreggan. These are for people who are only able to stay for a few days or who would like to try out a shorter experience before taking part in a full week. Please email email@example.com for details.
As a result of our fundraising and charitable grants, we are able to offer a concessionary rate of £90 for students and people who are unwaged or retired. Trees for Life members receive an additional 10% reduction.
Due to UK Borders Agency restrictions, please contact us
if you do not hold an EU or EEA passport.
Booking Terms & Conditions
The vast majority of our volunteers feel inspired by their Conservation Week and give very positive feedback. In order to continue to provide this level of experience we ask you to agree to these terms and conditions. This will ensure that we can operate efficiently and safely in everyone's interest.
- Conservation Week participants must be 18 or over.
- Cancellations or transfers made 6 weeks or more before the Conservation Week start date will receive a full refund minus a £10 administration charge. Cancellations or transfers made between 6 and 4 weeks before the start date will receive a 50% refund minus a £10 administration charge. Transfers or refunds cannot usually be given for any cancellations made within 4 weeks of the start date. As there are only ten places available on each week it is very important that we are notified of any cancellation or change in your booking as soon as possible, as we may be able to fill your place. If you pull out of the week without notifying us, the group’s work will be affected by your absence and there will be financial implications for us.
- We need to know if you have any medical condition or have any mental or physical disabilities or any previous injuries which may affect your ability to work, and whether you are taking medication. We may contact you to discuss this. Details are held in the strictest confidence. Please fill out the relevant section on the booking form and inform the office of any changes that occur in the period leading up to your Conservation Week. The vast majority of people can be accommodated.
- Volunteers are covered for public liability and limited personal accident cover. Our insurance does not cover your personal belongings nor cover your free time activities.
- Please commit to the entire week, which runs from Saturday to Saturday. We have essential introductory briefings on the first day and a planned schedule of work for the week. If you arrive late or leave early it is very difficult for us to achieve our goals.
- You can do as many Conservation Weeks as you like but we don’t accept bookings for more than 2 consecutive weeks. This is due to the nature of the physical work you will be involved in, as well as group dynamics. We may contact you to discuss consecutive bookings.
- Although every effort is made to describe the details of each week accurately in our literature, it is occasionally necessary for Trees for Life to make changes at short notice to the work and accommodation. If you have any questions please contact us. Rarely, weeks are cancelled due to low numbers or factors outside of our control. In such cases we will try to let you know beforehand and offer an alternative week or full refund.
- Volunteers should act responsibly in both group and social settings throughout the week as you will be acting as representatives for Trees for Life. Recreational drugs are illegal and any use during the Conservation Week will not be tolerated. If alcohol is consumed we request that it is done in a responsible manner so as to not affect group or work dynamics.
- We reserve the right to refuse applications for Conservation Weeks or to ask a volunteer to leave if his/her behaviour is affecting the safety or general performance of the team. Volunteers may be responsible for any costs incurred through negligence.
- In the unlikely event of you having cause for complaint, you should first tell the Conservation Week leader. If the problem remains unresolved you should write to Trees for Life within 14 days of the end of the week and we will investigate further.
- Sorry but we cannot allow dogs on Conservation Weeks.
- Data Protection Act 1998: By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are giving your consent for TFL to process any personal data that you provide.